Fresh....

There are very few days on which I wake up bright n early. One of these rare occasions occurred recently when my roomie had gone home for 5 days. I spent the first two days cribbing and feeling sorry for myself, coz till 2 months back, I too was among those who would run home every other weekend. I missed my family;missed Ma's delicious cooking and her pampering and care and attention, missed Dad's love,wit and sarcasm that accompany my narratives of life here, missed my sister's constant leg-pulling and teasing. Above everything, I wanted get away from here, from the indifference, ego-hassles, lack of co-operation that characterise the way things happen in our department, to a place which is my own...My home. And so, in this atmosphere of frustration and sadness, I awoke on the third day at 4.45 a.m.

It was cool and breezy and even before I opened my eyes, my senses were filled with the sweet fragrances of a new day. I opened my eyes and saw the curtains at the door billowing gently in the wind. I was suddenly wide awake, not drowsy, but fresh and alive. I got off the bed and walked to the veranda to look at the wondrous scene unfolding right before me. The sky was a pale blue, with fluffy white clouds edged with gold scurrying across it. The sun was not up yet, but its reddish golden rays were beginning to light up the sky. Birds were chirping all around, flying busily, already starting their business for the day. Somehow at that early hour, everything looked new to me. I observed glistening drops of dew on the grass. I could spot a bright crimson flower popping out of the shrubs. A robin alighted on the railings close to me, hopped about for a moment, then flew off again with a flourish. From somewhere far off, I could hear the Gayatri Mantra being chanted. Peace and tranquility filled me right to my core. I was one with Nature, and the only thoughts in my mind were those of frank wonder and amazement at God's genius and creativity. My heart was so full of a golden glow that I felt it would burst. And just when I felt that I had reached the height of contentment, the sun rose with all the beauty and majesty that only Nature can achieve. As red, pink, yellow and a rainbow of other colours filled the vast blue expanse, my heart could not help bursting out in a prayer of gratitude to God for his creation, for giving me my life and so much of love. And as I stood there, I felt the breeze blowing away all my frustration....

I start Afresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...