A Perfectly Ordinary Day

Perfect Weather
Fresh, cool breeze ... raindrops falling lazily in a sprinkle ... the smell of wet earth wafting through the air ... the pitter-patter of water on the roof ... an aura of utter peace and contentment ...

Perfect Company
Sitting with Ash in Nesky ... for once, she was the one who wanted to stop and smell the flowers ... enjoying the perfect weather, discussing everything under the sun, no worries (not even our constant one... will we ever find BFs) ... just sitting back and relaxing, observing the life around us (nothing remarkable, as it turned out, but enjoyable nonetheless) , cracking arbit jokes, but coming up with several good one liners ... the mood to play carrom took over and we shifted to UG club ... played some good games, thoroughly enjoying each shot ... changed tables thrice, just for the heck of it ... joined by Gupta, who played below par,and justified by saying he wanted to give us a fair chance to win ... that would have been true ( coz he's an awesome player) if it wasn't for the fact that he wasn't good today even though he tried ... showed him and Ash the sky outside .. a sliver of gold in a dull gray sky ... Gupta responded "Why isn't it silver of gold"... no comments on that one ...

Perfect Music
Went to the Music Section for a meeting ... sat in my usual, much favoured (by me) spot, right in the back, strategically out of sight behind two girls ... listened to a few tunes being hummed somewhere in the foreground, some songs sung by the girls behind whom I was hiding ... "Why don't you try this song", a familiar phrase awakened me from the reverie I've sunk in ... I looked up to find The Secy and his friend , who take enthusiastic interest in me ,waiting for a response ... I sang, they sang along, and we're all happy ... I decided to change things today and introduced a few ideas of my own ... a note changed here, a scale toned down there ... I cracked a few jokes, elicited hearty laughter ... and then made a graceful exit " Oye, I'm done for today. Me leaving now" ... Happy with myself, I returned to Nesky to find Ash and Gupta, who've been bugging me for the last half hour with missed calls and messages ... Gupta playing songs on his newly acquired cell ... His "Ultimate song, just listen to the lyrics" turns out to be Gupta's life-story aptly titled "Bad Day" ... something about the magic dying, and a fake smile to accompany coffee ... we promptly change the song ... happy again.

Perfect Ending
Orange ice candy for dinner ... an after dinner stroll ... a rush back to the hostel ( Nature calls) ... an hour in the computer centre ... will go back and chat again with Ash, who happens to be my roomie ... class at 11 tomorrow, so a good night's sleep awaits ...

An extraordinarily ordinary day.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:01 AM

    hey meenakshi...
    loved it man..
    thank u...me all so happy..although it didn't potray me in the very honored way..but still works wid me buddy...
    thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything for you Gupta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not even a mention...
    knew...
    anything for all ur buddies..
    n nothing for me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oye Gemini... dont maaro too much senti ... coz all thats left after it is mental...

    And as for anything... jaan haazir hai, bus tere lene ki der hai.. and that day isn't too far :p

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...