Birdsong

Sitting alone, thinking about things,
I suddenly hear a bird sing....
Its voice holds innocence, a tender touch,
The serenity I seek so much....
I know not where its coming from,
I search for long.... and then some....
This birdsong so lovely, so real, so pure,
Is it divine? its not earthly for sure....
For where is there such clarity
in a world so full of disparity....
And so much heart put in every note,
when people are at each other's throats....
Every trill holds a promise, a hope
While through this darkness we grope....
To seek the truth... and find solace
This birdsong holds all in its pace....
And in this simple tune is held
A wealth of wisdom... faith upheld....
For while such beauty still exists,
Such ultimate joy, such pure bliss....
There is hope for better things yet,
Sorrow and disappointment I forget....
And as the last few notes fade away,
I thank God for giving me this day....

1 comment:

  1. understand and writing poems is little difficult for me. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...