An Ode to Preparations

I enter my floor..
And stop right at the door !!
For what do I see..
But two girls immersed in study...
I shrug it off, and go right to sleep..
But suddenly in my slumbers deep
It hits me with a blast...
I have exams .... and fast !!!
I sit up straight
and contemplate...
Is it really worth spoiling my rest
For some petty and unworthy test??
My heart answers... "Not really"
So back I snooze unworriedly...

Ash arrives...
My partner-in-crime...
She's just as baffled, but understands
the situation as it stands...
She shakes me awake, and says...
"We 've got exams in just a few days"
As we brainstorm on this problem so pesky
We both decide to go to Nesky....
An entire evening spent under its umbrella
Gives an illusion of being in Shangrila...
Deep in conversation, we revert
To our usual strategy, never inert...
"We'll burn the midnight oil...
On the last day we shall toil "

Preeti concurs...
Coz it often occurs...
That what I want to say
She already portrays.
And so it happens that The Terrific Three...
Ash, Preeti and Mee..
Leave it to God to save 'em..
while they play carrom...
The days before the exams slip by...
So fast, its like the hours fly...
And we' re down to the last min
Before the exams begin.
We' re admirable, we're so tough..
We start filling pages rough...

Trying to cram theorems and proofs...
But know all the while we're going to make spoofs...
"Chak de Phatte" says Pree...
Who knows it better than Mee...
Coz chucking and guessing are my tricks...
To get me through with few cricks...
My hours of studying start fruits to reap...
And so I go off to sleep...
Back to where I started from...
I sleep for an hour..and then some...
Ash is in the library...
With all the books she could carry...
I don't even go to have my tea...
Its been all day, and I haven't seen Pree...

The night comes and goes...
What's to be done nobody knows...
Grappling with the syllabus...
Is like wrestling a hippopotamus...
(Sorry for that last line..
I couldn't find anything else to rhyme)
Sitting at opposite ends of the room...
Silent as spectres, full of gloom...
Ash n I try to get through the pages...
Helped along by Pree's messages...
At 1 a.m. I chuck my book...
Ash gives me a scathing look..
"I'm done" I announce and go to bed...
I've already forgotten all I've read...

The morning arrives, bright and chirpy...
The same cannot be said for me...
Last minute revision makes no sense...
Everyone's nervous, everyone's tense...
The exams begin.. begin with a bang...
And when it ends, we're ready to hang...
Two days of tests, 3 in a day...
And We have ploughed our way
Through Topology, Stats, and Fuzzy...
And Discrete, Tech Comm n IP...
How, where and why is a mystery...
All we know is they're now history!!!
Its time for us to party then...
Nesky n UG... we're back again!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Harleen10:52 PM

    hey yaar!!gud poem...rather a much factual description...bt wat i liked best bout it is da ending...it actually sets everything rite back 2 its place... hvta say ur blogs r really interesting...wid ur wits u keep us in splits!!ooohhh...me 2 strted rhymin....(sry it ws a bad one)...bt nywz keep up da gud work...:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...