Random Observations

Walking back alone from the department at a stuffy 4 o'clock in the afternoon, I decided to slow down from my usual 29.37 kph (as Mo the statistician informs me) and see life around me. Its strange how much we miss in the usual hustle bustle of our daily lives. I found that out this afternoon.

I bid my goodbyes to Ash (who's decided 4 is too early to go back to the hostel, hence destination Nesky) and Preeti (who has been typing for the past two days to get her report done on time, hence destination Main CC) and start down the road towards SB.On my way, I make several observations...


* I see a small boy running down the road with a bright kite in his hands, the wind tugging hard at its string while the boy runs all the way down, laughing gaily. His bright smile and carefree laugh follow me all the way to the next turn in the road....


* I walk along enjoying the cool breeze that has suddenly sprung up... and just miss stepping on a huge snail and crushing it to certain death, besides ruining my shoes and my mood. I stop for a moment to heave a sigh of relief, and notice the intricate patterns on its shell, as if a brush has been dipped in myriad colours and painted across its back....


* I narrowly miss being run over by a crazy motorcyclist, who zips past singing "Bachna eh haseeno" at the top of his voice....


* A group of kids pass me by on cycles..it looks like they're out for a picnic. The first two cycles have plastic bags with cola bottles in them and I can distinctly make out a packet of chips peeking out from another bag. The rear of the group is brought up by a tiny boy sitting on a huge cycle, carrying an even tinier girl behind him. She shrieks with excitement as they all go flying down the steep slope and jump at the so called speed bump (which everyone by-passes anyways)....


* A cuckoo calls out from somewhere...followed by a racuous rendition of "Aapki Kashish" coming from Jawahar.I pause to listen as he relentlessly carries on till the middle of 1st para when someone mercifully strangles him....

* As soon as I enter SB, my attention is caught by a glint of yellow in the otherwise pale green grass. I stoop down to see a tiny, but valiantly bright golden flower, no more than a weed, pushing its way up from the ground. It paints a pretty picture,and somehow fiils my heart with a glow....

* As I walk along the corridors, there's a peaceful silence...everyone's either sleeping or in classes. A rainbow of colours is displayed in the form of multi hued clothes hanging out to dry...the floor is dappled with reds, greens, blues, pinks... the sunlight creates a kaleidoscope on the corridor floor and walls.As I pass through the corridor, I feel like I'm in a 70's technicolour movie dream sequence.

I finally enter my abode, my room and the first thing I see is a moth sitting on the window facing the door.I approach cautiously, but it flutters right into my face and then flutters out.Slightly shaken, I proceed to put a good end to an interesting afty with my regular siesta.....

4 comments:

  1. mohneet12:10 AM

    omg!! ur really shifting to gothic moods....arent u??

    ReplyDelete
  2. le..ismein gothic kya tha ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. very true.
    we often miss life while living.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...