Wintery Thoughts



I love the winter sun. There's nothing I find more relaxing, yet stimulating, than the warm winter sun falling on my back, with a cool breeze playing with my hair, and a nip in the air that makes the atmosphere seem alive...

We had the first mist of the winters yesterday. The first sight I saw when I looked out of my window in the morning was a world blanketed in pristine whiteness. It was as if the mist had cut off all the noise. The silence was so complete that for a moment the world seemed to have stopped still, and I had the illusion that I was suspended in white space. And then through the mist came a tinkling of bells...probably from the Saraswati Mandir. And the spell was broken...

There's something about the crystal clear night sky in the winter that leaves me breathless and awestruck. Orion is my favourite constellation. Every night I look up into the vast expanse and immediately spot Orion in the star strewn heavens. There's an unexplicable majesty and beauty in the Hunter, with the belt of three stars marking its presence among all others. I want to be like Orion - one who stands out from the rest, seeking my Destiny and seizing it where it lies... okay getting a little too philosophical...

2 comments:

  1. i like when the sun rays try to find their way in the morning winter fog and finally when they succeed in that leaving behind a trail

    i like that sight..

    keep writing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...