Diet C(h)oke

Ashu has started jogging.... and is suddenly calorie conscious. Caught him counting calories in one Perk (80) and a luscious bit of chocolate cake we were munching in the office (he chose to discard the cream!!). It reminded me of the time I went on a diet...



There was this one phase when everybody's teasing me about my weight issues got too heavy for me to handle. I decided to go on a diet. And that meant sacrificing my daily dose of chilled Frappe and KitKat as well.. the one thing that kept me going through the day....


It was a tough battle between my will and my wants, my feet on firm ground and freshly ground coffee beans..... I had to shake the temptation to have a milkshake, blow the froth of frappe away and choke the chocolate.... It was a constant wearing down of my resolutions as I watched my nearest and dearest coming too near with my dear goodies.... Sitting at Nesky was a daily torture, and yet as a moth is drawn to the flame, so was I drawn to the counter at Nesky, watching Bhaiya fill cup after cup with chilled, foamy Frappe and delicously cool ice tea, while all the while biting my lower lip and keeping my hand tied behind my back to stop me from putting it into my purse.... Bhaiya knew my plight , and looked at me with sorrowful eyes ( it sure hurts when a regular customer goes on a diet- monetary or physical!!).... Friends encouraged me (all the while sipping from their cups) and gave assurances as to the outcome ("You're looking thin already")....



And as I sat, tired, dejected, disappointed and disspirited, I heard a voice close to me..."You still look beautiful"... I turned around, ready to give the speaker a 10 frappe mega treat...only to realise it wasn't me who was being addressed, and in the process got a cold stare from the couple coochiecooing on the bench behind mine....but what the hell, I do still look beautiful!!!

And so ended my diet on the spot...


Hey, round is a shape!!!

1 comment:

  1. hey!!

    you look beautiful :)


    funny tha :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...