In Purse-uit of Happinez

At the very outset, let me tell you that this is going to be one disjointed piece, coz I'm going to be writing it at different points of time..so don't try to find connections anywhere...



There is this ice-cream parlour in Roorkee called Happinez which serves fundoo ice cream sundaes, shakes and soda on a student's budget (which is tight on the purse-strings). And now that I look back on those carefree days, when all we worried about was if anyone had enough money to pull us through the month, I realise that in our bid to fill our purses, we've abandoned our pursuit for happiness.




"Corporate life" is not as much about life as it is about the corporates.You work your ass off like an ass for someone who's sitting 3000 miles away, and all you have to show for it is a bank balance that's unbalanced your life. There's no time to do anything with the money they give you anyway...





As it turns out, my team mates are max enthu about me joining them. They have major plans for me- which include going out for "regular lunches" (no prizes for guessing who the sponsor's gonna be) which they say is a "tradition"(I'm sure it has started with me!!!) , "active involvement" in the work, "career growth" by shoving a load of work on me and so on and so forth. There's a major project right round the corner, and I've already been told to pack my suitcases and be ready to shift into the office for a fortnight at the very least. All in all, my life's going to be thrown out of gear. I am seriously considering shifting into the office and saving on the rent I'm paying for my flat.... you observe here again how the purse has entered the pursuit of happiness...




At this juncture, for no particular reason I am reminded of a quote I read somewhere,

"Life is like a box of hand grenades.. you never know which one will blow you to kingdom come!!"












3 comments:

  1. hmmm... i wish i was in your team. my team lacks something, one sec, what is it called.... oh yes, enthu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. purse n happiness....u know what,no matter how much u might fill up the former,the latter keeps on eluding ya...
    if only...we could replace currency with smiles...we'll be so god-damned rich...wont we????
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously considering shifting into the office and saving on the rent I'm paying for my flat....

    Chal theek... we'll take up two new roomies you-know-who ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...