I've been Celled!!!

I saw a bunch of bright red flowers today. Nothing unusual in that, except that on this particular day, the first thought to cross my mind was that my spanking new cell has 65,000 colours, and a brilliant enough resolution to make each of those shades stand out separately.

It all started when I decided to trade in my "Old Retainer"-esque, ancient-beyond-words, now out of production Nokia "Made for India" torchlight handset (whew!! That was a long sentence!). I zeroed in on a sleek new slim cellphone that I saw in the mall one day. The guy at the mobile store proudly told me "Accesories?? Well, you get a battery and charger free!!" . A bit befuddled at this,I almost dropped the idea of buying it.But giddy with newly earned money, and armed with a debit card with a lot of balance to its credit, I took the plunge (aided by Sourav, who talked me into buying it) and bought it....





Apart from the "free battery and charger, madam!", it came equipped with a slim leather pouch (the cell refused to fit into it at first... then refused to come out when a call came in) and a handsfree set (I kept holding it with my hand for fear of letting it fall).

And that's how I was "Celled".

"Smile..you're on camera" read the board right at the entrance of the foodcourt at Sahara Mall. "Yeah well, you'd better smile too ... coz I have a 2MP cam that can capture every one of your wrinkles at 8X zoom" I smirked. My companions gave me a few weird looks, but passed it off as one of my usual idiosyncrasies (or eccentricities), as I whipped out my phone and clicked the "hidden" camera's pic with my unhidden one.


"Could you please stop recording your voice for the n-th time???" my exasperated roommate pleaded. "Why?? With a voice recorder that can record upto 1 hour of conversation, I can sing at least 8 songs. Oh, by the way, this conversation's being recorded. Oh, and also... Say cheese!!"


My gang and I have been spending the past few days taking arbit pics at the office, and exploring its features. Someone discovered a Sudoko in some folder ( I've been trying to locate it since then... damn multi-folder-system!). There's Bluetooth connectivity and I accidentally latched on to somebody's laptop in the vicinity ( hope he never finds out it was me!!).


Technologically challenged as I am, I nevertheless feel good about my new cell...

Now, if only I could get the alarm to shut off every morning....













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...