Summer Rain


Summer Rain...
I lift my face up to it and I can feel,
A thousand raindrops kissing me,
A thousand times my skin comes alive,
A new sensation every time...

Summer Rain...
The scent of baked earth
Watered by the heavens
Fills my senses
The breeze carries the perfume aloft
Vibrant and serene all at once...

Summer Rain...
Beauty revealed in mysterious ways
The delighted laughter of street kids
Happier caked in mud than pristine
United in rainy revelry
With their more blessed brothers...



Summer Rain...
Childhood regained
As I dance in the rain
A waltz with myself
Paper boats sent racing down rivulets
Eyes searching the sky for the elusive vibgyor...

Summer Rain...
The shower bathes
Sinners and Saints alike
Cleansing all it touches
And in those brief moments
All is innocent, all is pure...



10 comments:

  1. Beautifully written.
    "childhood regained, As I dance in the rain"

    It has started raining in bangalore, and it does almost everyday. Have been wanting to go out and get drenched, but somehow, it only rains when I am in office. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:43 AM

    Hi Meenakshi,

    Dharam here. Its been a very long time. I feel very awkward asking this but is it possible for you to give me a perfect recipe for 'IDLIS', coconut chutney and sambhar. I really really need this urgently.

    Thanks
    Take care and have a blast !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Meenakshi,


    Nice write-up . Keep writing nice articles and good posts.



    ~~
    Regards
    Arun Singh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Meenu,

    Sai here. Brilliantly said. Keep going yaar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally mesmerising,

    Your poem togged at many strings, thus creating a melodious symphony. earthy smell, streekids becoming one with their 'more blessed brothers', enjoying rain with every sense drenched in it and last line, all is innocent, all is pure!

    masterly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from such an accomplished poet as yourself, these words carry more meaning and encouragement :) Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Nicely composed. Like the words, 'the scent of the baked earth'...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your repletion of "Summer Rain" and the sights and scents that go along with each stanza. Its so beautiful to see and read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my poem :)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...