Sampler : 55-Fiction

Sibling Revelry - Sisters are from Venus, Brothers are from Mars

"I hate you. You pull my hair and push me in the sand. You tease me constantly. You take Susie’s side when we fight. You ate my ice-cream yesterday. You pulled off my doll’s head. You broke my favourite pencil. Why do you do it?"

"Because you’re the one I love the most."


***

Acceptance - Fathers look Behind, Children look Ahead


"Daddy, I need you to understand. He loves me. And I love him. That is all there is to it. Why is that so difficult for you to accept?"

"You ask me why I can’t accept your relationship? Or why I can no longer accept you?"

"Both. I am, and always will be, your son."

***
Abandonment - Debts left Unpaid, Repaid in full by Fortune

"We can’t keep you with us any longer. With rising expenses, we can’t have a non-contributing member in the family. I’ll arrange for you to live in an old age home starting tomorrow."

"I sacrificed for you all my life, only for you to abandon me. By the way, I won the lottery yesterday. Goodbye."



***

My first attempt at 55-fiction. More of observations than fiction. Trying to find my way around this form of writing!

7 comments:

  1. Last one Meenakshi, great! though all three are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  2. All the three are wonderful conversations with lot of meaning . I loved each of them . Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vishal, for your encouraging words :)

      Delete
  3. The 1st and the 3rd one were really excellent. With your express permission, may I post them on my Facebook story page 'Some Bedtime Stories'. It is an endeavor to encourage young writers and to make the youths read fiction.

    PS- Full credit will be given to you for your stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Ritesh. Send me the link to your page as well. I would like to read some of the other stories there.

      Delete
  4. Thank You Mixi. I have posted one of your stories. Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/SomeBedtimeStories

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...