Child Speak : 55-Fiction

The Little Girl 

"Mama, where do we go after we die?"

"Why do you ask, sweetie?"

"Divya told me we become ghosts and roam the world, scaring everyone"

Mama smiled, patted her head, "All ghosts aren't scary"

Papa came to the balcony. Looking far away, he wiped away a tear. "Why did I survive, when you both didn't?"

***

Magic is Real

The party had a magician.

"Up his sleeve", "False bottom in the hat", "Invisible ink”. Mark called out softly after every trick, watching from the back of the room.

Mary asked wide-eyed, “Don’t you believe in magic?”

Mark shrugged his shoulders.

Mary smiled. “Magic is real”, she said. Then vanished before his eyes.

***

The X-Man

Varun ran across the road. He had to propose to her today.

A boy stood licking an ice-lolly. He stared at Varun.

“Are you an X-Man?”

Varun was taken aback, “Of course not”.

“Then how are you at two places at once?”

Varun followed his gaze.

Varun’s body lay dead, run over by a car.

***

Superhero

“I’m Spiderman”, declared Bunty.

The others laughed and jeered.

“I am. See, I’ll jump to the next roof”, he said and ran over the edge.

The boys shouted and rushed to see him.

Bunty hung mid-air, entangled in a thick web. He was Spiderman.

“Oye Bunty, stop messing up my clothesline”, Sarla Aunty scolded.


21 comments:

  1. WoW!!!! This is one of the best 55 fiction I've ever read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Akanksha, it was sweet of you to say that but I refuse to believe this is the best you've ever read :D

      But it did give me a big boost ;)

      Cheers!

      Delete
  2. I second Akanksha's vote and would say that this is very beautifully said fiction and the first one was really mind blowing.

    Keep it up Mixi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! All are amazing! I enjoyed 1st one the most!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i shuddered at the end of each story! enjoyed reading them :). write a ghost story now, it will be superhit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  5. nice twist at the end of each story.. amazingly written.. i enjoyed very much. keep writing.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mixi,

    All were fantastic .
    Tears were just about to come out after reading the first one . I Cannot imagine that one.

    Salute....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vishal... I know the first one must be too close for comfort for you...

      Wishing you and your family well :)

      Delete
  7. Hey, Mixi! I have to echo the rest. This is the best set of 55 fiction that I have ever read. Normally, the need to fit into the word limit leads to contrived usage of words or skipping some elements of grammar that tends to jar on me. Not one of these jarred and every tale ended in a superb twist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sir. I too have noticed that at times grammar is sacrificed on the altar of economy of words in flash fiction.

      Delete
  8. Lovely little flash fictions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my blog Charmaine.

      Delete
  9. Lovely tales. Very creative indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow ! its just wow !!!!! and not just one or two four fabulous F-55 !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great....you have begun to inspire me now....the fact that you post 4 at one go, while I take so many days just to cook one. Looks like I will have to pick up some speed now.
    All of them were excellent. I personally enjoyed the 'magic' one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the first one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...