Psyched : 55-Fiction

3-in-1

The camera was rolling. Bulbs flashed.

     “I’m Mansi. 32, divorced mother of three beautiful kids. Looking for a committed relationship.”

     “Yo, Swati here. I’m hot ‘n’ happening. I just want fun.”

     “I-I-I’m A-A-Anita. I-I-I’ve b-b-been hurt b-before, but b-believe in t-true love.”

Behind the camera, Dr. Sneha glanced at her chart. “Multiple Personality Disorder”


***

The Voice

“Get rid of her”. The voice was getting louder nowadays.

He sneaked a peek at her. Washing the car, body glistening with soap, bikini top soaking wet.

She looked provocative and sinful.

“Take her down”, the voice screamed.  He gave in.

Ripping the poster off the wall, he grumbled “Happy, Mom?”

Mom nodded, satisfied.

***

Remembrance

She looked at him as he tied his shoelaces.  He reminded her of someone.  

He saw her and smiled.  She knew that smile.

 “Aman.....?”

He looked confused.  Was he Aman?

A name flashed. “Shiela?”. She didn’t respond.

They both looked unsure.

The moment flickered, faded.

 Fifty years of togetherness dissipated in a miasma of Alzheimer’s.




27 comments:

  1. Wow! You are just too good at it (may be I ma repeating myself. My favourite is third, definitely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Meenakshi :-)

      Delete
  2. Only expression is "WoW". Specially the third one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't decide if I like the first piece or the last piece better...I think I will go with the first. It brings out the edge of 55 to the fullest..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Bhavana! Glad you enjoyed reading this one :)

      Delete
  4. Wow Mixi....I really love this genre and like to read and write these short stuffs. You are one of the best I have read.
    PS- Can I post them on my story page 'Some bedtime stories' ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ritesh! I discovered this form of fiction just a few weeks back, so I'm still experimenting with it :)

      You can post it with a link back to this post!

      Delete
    2. Thanks....and of course :)

      Delete
  5. All three were great...the last got to me. Reminded me of my mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susie, for reading and sharing your thoughts even on the non-poetry part of my blog :)

      Delete
  6. very good ones specially first one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are extra-ordinary in this genre! never enjoyed 55s as much as here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sir you flatter me with your kind words... appreciation coming from you means a lot :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed it Indu :)

      Delete
  9. Yowza!
    The most surprising piece I read today. Intriguing write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my non-poetry posts as well! Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  10. really good.. everytime i read your 55 ficiton. i was in the awe state.. keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too good! :) Especially the first one which reminded me of Sidney Sheldon's book 'Tell me Your Dreams'...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you liked it Deepz. Thank you!

      Delete
  12. Hi mixi .You are a wonderful writer.I loved reading all the three. The third one is very touching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ma'am. Glad you liked my stories :)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...